Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Brady Campaign plays Big Oil Card

Yesterday Peter Hamm, the communications director of the Brady Campaign played the Big Oil Card on Students for Concealed Carry on Campus stating:
We know very clearly that they were organised and they are funded by the gun industry, by the companies that are selling the guns.

This is not some spontaneous, grassroots organisation.

There are more members than there were before Virginia Tech because the gun industry is spending more money to enlist more young people to help them spread the word, that if only we had more guns in America, we'd have less of a gun violence problem.
I am one of the 15,000 members of the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I have participated in two empty holster carries so far (the two that occurred while I was taking classes.)

I Joined SCCC when there was only a few hundred members. I think maybe they had just over a thousand.

I am NOT a member of the NRA. I have never taken a dime from the NRA. I have never received any orders or directives from any member of the NRA.

I am NOT a member or do I know anyone that works for the gun industry. I have never taken a dime from them, nor do I take orders or directives from them.

All I can say to Peter Hamm is the same thing the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus has said:

PROVE IT.

No comments: